This 5-week course is intended for beginner or intermediate pottery students.
No previous clay experience necessary, but if you do have some, you can continue to refine your skills 🙂
Classes are limited to 6 people. Because of the small class size you will be able to work at your own pace to explore clay and get personalised guidance as needed in a fun, supportive environment.
The main goal of this course is that you will begin to be proficient at forming clay objects yourself. The 5-week format gives you the opportunity to make a number of pieces from start to finish – including experience of all steps along the way from throwing on the wheel, to trimming, and glazing.
Please choose from the Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday evening classes. Please take note of which day of the week you are picking in the dropdown menu.
Class dates and topics are:
- 19 | 20 | 22 APRIL 6:30pm to 8:30pm – introduction to clay and how to prepare it for throwing. Demonstration of throwing, centring, and forming a cylinder.
- 26 | 27 | 29 APRIL 6:30pm to 8:30pm – throwing continued
- 3 | 4 | 6 MAY 6:30pm to 8:30pm – throwing continued
- 10 | 11 | 13 MAY 6:30pm to 8:30pm – demonstration of trimming on the wheel, attaching handles, and preparing a piece for bisque firing.
- 17 | 18 | 20 MAY 6:30pm to 8:30pm – introduction to glazes and glazing, demonstration of glazing, and preparing a piece for glaze firing.
Your finished pieces will be available to pick up the week of 23 May.
All courses are held at my workshop M/305a Mansfield St, Newtown.
Course fee includes all materials but you must bring a towel to class. Limited to 6 participants.
Sorry I cannot accept cash on delivery for these courses as they book out so quickly. I need payment to confirm your spot, so please choose either bank transfer or credit card payment in the checkout.
Refunds for lessons, workshops and classes
My lessons, workshops and classes are very popular. Due to limited places, if you wish to withdraw from a workshop or class you must let me know by email at least 7 days in advance to receive a full refund. If you cancel your place less than 7 days before the class or workshop, I can only offer a refund of 50%. Unfortunately I am sorry but I can’t offer full refunds for cancellations for workshops or classes with less than 7 days notice even if you are unwell, so if you are in doubt of your attendance please let me know ASAP!
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday