With the forecast calling for rain next weekend and one of the bands pulling out last minute (meaning I need to find another drum kit and someone to run the PA) I’ve made the call to postpone the open studio & musical bbq to another day!
I’m not sure when I’ll be able to reschedule but stay tuned for details 🙂
Unfortunately 3 of the band’s members have had to move house at pretty short notice so understandably they have had a lot on their mind and only let me know yesterday they couldn’t make it. As they were the ones supplying the drum kit and running the PA it’s quite a lot to try to replace with less than a week to go, and 70% chance of rain according to the weather app (of course I know it’s not very accurate a week out, still worrying!), I decided to just postpone the event.
I’m disappointed but mostly in our capitalist economy and housing situation which has caused and continues to cause so much trauma for anyone who doesn’t have inter-generational wealth.
Secure and affordable housing a human right and here in New Zealand the current housing situation is a human rights crisis. I am super stressed out about having to move and we have been given 10 months notice. So I empathise with my friends who only had 3 weeks notice to pack up their lives and find new homes.
Potential Covid-19 alert level changes and uncertainty around if I could really ensure proper social distancing and adherence to social gathering guidance is also an additional worry.
AND there are rising numbers of COVID-19 in my mom’s nursing home which is preoccupying me (though she doesn’t seem worried at all!) so in order to keep myself sane I am just going to say the event is postponed for now with a new date to be announced!
Thank you all for understanding and I am sure I will be able to welcome you to my derelict shed/laneway soon for fun social and creative times soon!